Donate and Volunteer
Your gifts allow us to fulfill our Mission of sharing God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service. Make a gift today.
It is our goal to match your skills, interests and availability with the needs of the hospital. Please be aware that not all the volunteer positions listed may have current openings at the time of application. If you have questions about the positions or would like to learn more, please do not hesitate to contact Volunteer Services. Here are some of the opportunities available to Providence volunteers:
- Patient and Family Ambassadors
- Gift Shop
- Animal Assisted Activities (PAAA/T & PAWS)
- No One Dies Alone (NODA)
- Eucharistic Ministries
- Administrative / Office
To pursue a volunteer position, you will need to complete the following steps. Please be aware the entire onboarding process can take 3-4 weeks.
- Most positions require a commitment of 100 hours of service. This usually takes 6-7 months, volunteering once a week for a four-hour shift. Exceptions to this requirement are PAAA/T, PAWS, NODA, and the Patient Advisory Council; each of these programs have their own unique set of requirements.
- Must be at least 16 years old (excludes some services which require volunteers to be at least 18 years old).
- Submit Application: Print and complete an application or contact us and we’ll mail you one. Applications can be returned by mail, email, or in person.
- Schedule an Interview: Once your application has been processed, you will be contacted for an in-person interview. The interview can take up to 30-45 minutes.
- Submit two reference forms: These can be filled out by a teacher, employer, co-worker, civic group member, or neighbor. The reference forms can be emailed, mailed, or delivered to the Volunteer Services office.
- Background check: If you are being considered for a position, we will run federal and state background checks.
- Attend an appointment with Caregiver Health: If your volunteer position requires specific immunizations and a TB test, you will be instructed on how to set up an appointment with our Caregiver Health department.
- Attend a 2-hour New Volunteer Orientation: During orientation, you will be introduced to Providence’s mission and core values, receive a tour, learn how to track your volunteer hours, and get a picture taken for your identification badge.
Volunteers are a vital part of our hospital, helping us serve patients and our community. In exchange for your time and talents, you will reap the rewards of providing compassionate care to those in need. If you join our team, you will:
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Provide compassion and support to patients and loved ones
- Help us improve the hospital or clinic experience
- Make a positive impact on the community
- Develop new skills
- Become part of a team
- Receive 5% discount at the cafeteria
- Receive invitations to attend special trainings and events!