Donate and Volunteer
Your gifts allow us to fulfill our Mission of sharing God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service. Make a gift today.
Thank you for your interest in joining the Providence volunteer team! This is a place where you can make a difference in the patient’s experience with your acts of kindness and helping hands.
Our goal is to match your skills, interests and availability with the needs of the hospital or clinics. Please be aware not all the volunteer positions listed may have current openings at the time of application. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, volunteer positions may be closed or severely limited. If you have questions about the positions or would like to learn more about the opportunities available, please contact Volunteer Services.
Volunteer opportunities at St. Peter Hospital include:
- Patient Rounders & Unit Support
- Gift Shop
- Paw-Assisted Wellness Services (PAWS)
- No One Dies Alone (NODA) and No One Alone (NOA)
- Eucharistic Ministers
- Information & Admitting Desk
- Pharmacy Support
- Rehab/Therapy Mobility Support
- Emergency Department
- Family Birth Center Cuddlers
- Infusion Center Support (Regional Cancer Systems only, located in Lacey, Centralia and Aberdeen)
To pursue a volunteer position, candidates will need to complete the following steps. Please be aware the entire onboarding process may take several weeks.
- Most positions require a commitment of 75-hours of service. This usually takes six months volunteering once a week for a three- to four-hour shift. Exceptions to this requirement are PAWS, NODA and the Patient Advisory Council – these programs have their own unique set of requirements.
- Must be at least 16 years old (excludes some services which require volunteers to be at least 18 years old).
- Submit a Volunteer Application Form.
- Schedule an Interview. Once your application has been received, you will be contacted for an interview.
- Background check. If you are being considered for a position, we will run national and Washington state background checks.
- Caregiver Health clearance. If your volunteer position requires specific immunizations and a TB test, you will be instructed on how to set up an appointment with our Caregiver Health department.
- Attend New Volunteer Orientation. During orientation, you will be introduced to Providence’s mission and core values, learn about patient safety and how to track volunteer hours, receive a tour and your volunteer badge, and much more!
Volunteers are a vital part of our hospital, helping us serve patients and our community. In exchange for your time and talents, you will reap the rewards of providing compassionate care to those in need. If you join our team, you will:
- Meet new people and make new friends
- Provide compassion and support to patients and loved ones
- Help us improve the hospital or clinic experience
- Make a positive impact on the community
- Develop new skills
- Become part of a team
- Receive 5% discount at the cafeteria
- Receive invitations to attend special trainings and events!
St. Peter Hospital Volunteer Services
413 Lilly Road NE
Olympia, WA 98506
Send an email
Hours: Mon – Fri: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.