If you find yourself in need of a surgical procedure, you can count on us to provide state-of-the-art technology, innovative treatment options and a highly experienced surgical staff. Whether you need a minimally invasive inpatient procedure or an urgent, complicated surgery, we are here to help you feel well again. Our surgical team is available for a wide variety of procedures. Our specialties include:
We understand that any type of surgery is a major disruption to your daily activities and can be very stressful. Your doctor may suggest a phone consultation with a nurse to help you prepare for your surgery. The nurse will go over safety measures along with information about your specific procedure. Your nurse will also confirm your current medications and allergies and tell you what to expect on the day of your surgery. To get the most out of this call, collect some personal information before your call, such as:
- A list of any questions you have about your surgery
- A list of your current medications
- Medical and surgical history
- Other important information like if you have a serious health condition, allergies, or previous issues with anesthesia
Please get in touch with us before your surgery date if you:
- Take aspirin, anti-inflammatory medications or blood thinning medications. You may have to stop taking them before your surgery.
- Have any unexpected medical problems like a fever, cold, cough or flu. Your surgery may have to be rescheduled.
- Are diabetic. Your surgeon should give you specific instructions on what to do the day of surgery.
If you're having outpatient surgery, please make sure you have someone available to drive you home after your procedure. You'll also need someone available to help you for 24 hours after you get home.