Hybrid Operating Room
We’re taking comprehensive diagnosis and treatment to the next level.
Heart disease is one our nation’s most common health problems – the leading cause of death for Americans age 35 and older. Introducing advancements in the medical technology used to diagnose and treat this condition is more critical than ever before at Providence Alaska Medical Center.
In an effort to help our physicians provide faster and more efficient cardiac care to Alaskans, Providence Alaska Medical Center has a new state-of-the-art cardiac catheterization lab from Philips.
Physicians will now be able to conduct minimally invasive procedures on this new system to treat a wide range of clinical problems including coronary artery disease – a leading cause of heart disorders in the U.S. These catheter-based procedures may reduce the risks and recovery time found in traditional surgical approaches. The benefits of catheter-based interventions include shorter hospital stays, reduced recovery time without the pain of a large incision, and less visible surgical scarring. These procedures can be performed on both the heart and peripheral blood vessels.
- X-ray Imaging Chain: Optimized system combining: X-ray tube, copper filters, digital flat detector and high resolution LCD monitors for high quality imaging in a wide variety of clinical applications.
- Flat Detector: A key component of the Imaging Chain. The Flat Detector is the new standard in digital imaging technology, replacing the image intensifier, allowing for a more compact design, improved image quality and image resolution.
- Dose Management: The most appropriate image quality is provided for all clinical applications at the lowest possible X-ray dose. The comprehensive suite of technologies includes beam filters and real-time dose indicators. The MRC X-ray tube enables maximum X-ray beam filtration to further reduce dose.
- Allura 3D-RA Interventional Tool: Optional package that creates high-resolution threedimensional images of vasculature for enhanced diagnosis, treatment planning, and improved therapeutic interventions. The XperCT option also allows soft tissue imaging for CT-like visualization – all in the interventional suite.
- C-arm capabilities: Rotational speeds up to 55 degrees/second with BodyGuard technology that senses and adapts to actual patient size to prevent contact.
- Table capabilities: 550 lb. weight capacity with additional 220 lb. support in case of CPR. SyncraTilt option allows the stand and table movements to be synchronized.
Clinical Areas of Use
- Applications: Diagnostic and therapeutic cardiovascular procedures for the entire body. Full-size 12” x 15” flat detector with 90 degree pivot for complete anatomical coverage. Typical procedures include: diagnostic angiograms, angioplasty and stent placement. The sterility of the OR also allows for open vascular procedures.
- Specialties: Clinicians using the Allura for vascular include: Interventional Radiologists and Vascular Surgeons, depending on the particular health care delivery system. Interventional Radiologists are subspecialists within radiology who have special training in catheter-based diagnostic and interventional procedures. Vascular Surgeons are subspecialists within Surgery, performing open and endovascular (catheter-based) procedures.