Covenant Children's offers a wide range of diagnostic procedures and treatments for urologic conditions in children.
Conditions we treat include:
- Incontinence/urine control issues and bedwetting
- Kidney stones
- Cancers of the urinary system and testicles
- Congenital malformation of the kidneys and bladder
- Disorders of the testicles and scrotum (undescended testicles, hydroceles, hernias)
- Genital malformations
- Infections of the urinary system
- Urinary system trauma
- Urinary tract infections (UTI)
Our pediatric urology patients are supported by a team of Certified Child Life Specialists who provide evidence-based, developmentally and psychologically appropriate interventions, including therapeutic play, preparation for procedures, and education to reduce fear, anxiety and pain.
- Radiographic studies
- Nuclear cystogram
- Nuclear renal scan
Minimally invasive surgery is the standard of care for treatment of most intra-abdominal pediatric urological conditions. At Covenant Children's, in addition to offering laparoscopic surgery, we utilize a DaVinci Robot to perform minimally invasive surgeries.
Minimally invasive surgery has a host of benefits, including:
- Reduction in postoperative pain
- Decrease in length of hospitalization
- Shortened recovery time
- Improved scar appearance