24 hours a day, seven days a week
Please contact us during business hours with any questions you have and to learn more about our program admission requirements.
At Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, our team of specialists are here to support you with therapy and clinical care during your continued recovery from injuries and illnesses such as strokes, brain injury, multiple traumas, and orthopedic injuries.
We practice a compassionate, collaborative approach to provide individualized holistic care to our patients in private rooms, each with large glass doors out looking scenic landscaped views.
Our interdisciplinary team members work alongside you every step of the way so you can successfully return to your highest level of independence and a productive life.
The Acute Rehabilitation Unit at Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital produces excellent outcomes for patients, meeting or exceeding national standards with an 85% discharge to community rate.
The Acute Rehabilitation Unit treats a wide range of conditions, including:
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Guillian-Barre syndrome
- Hip or knee replacements with complications
- Major multiple traumas
- Medical conditions needing intensive rehabilitation
- Neurological deficits
- Specific arthritic conditions
- Specific oncology and cardiac conditions
Your care team focuses on all aspects of your recovery, including daily living skills, mobility and self-care. We coordinate your treatment with the specialists you need to achieve your goals.
You can expect quality care at our Acute Rehabilitation Unit with services including:
- Case management/social work services
- Certified Nursing Assistants who assist with activities of daily living
- Daily Interdisciplinary Team update meetings
- Exams and visits with a Physiatrist five days a week
- Interdisciplinary Comprehensive Team meetings once per week
- Medical treatments including IV therapy, diagnostic testing, and wound care
- Multiple Extensive Therapies for a minimum of three hours a day, five days a week
- Nutrition education
- Occupational therapy
- Physical therapy
- Physician care 24/7
- Prior admission evaluation/consultation including insurance authorization submission
- Psychological care
- Respiratory therapy
- Speech therapy
- Specialized Registered Nursing Care 24/7 with a low nurse to patient ratio
- Spiritual care
We also provide transitional support to help you access the services you need and ease your way to returning home, so you can continue your rehabilitation outside the hospital setting. Available services include:
- Caregiver training
- Home health services
- Outpatient therapy
- Referrals for ongoing home support
Patients and their caregivers are partners in the rehabilitation process and are the most important members of the care team. Patient responsibilities include providing input into their programs, following physician and treatment orders, and taking full advantage of the services available.
Patients and caregivers can optimize results through full participation in the rehabilitation program. When the time comes, caregivers receive training in techniques that provide a smooth and safe transition home.
- Medical Equipment Specialists
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Therapy Assistants
- Respiratory Therapists
- Specialty licensed Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapist
- Acute Rehabilitation Specialty Registered Nurses
- Certified Nursing Assistants
- Physiatrists (Physical Medicine Physician)
- Physician Assistants
- Registered Dietitians
- Admissions Liaison
- Case Managers
- Social Workers
At Santa Rosa Memorial Hospital, you get access to specialized rehabilitation. Your care team connects you to additional services as needed, such as:
- Neurological Rehabilitation Clinic
- Orthopedic therapy
- Activity room
- Complete training kitchen
- Dining room
- Training bedroom/bathroom