The Surgery Center offers outpatient surgery for adults and children who have a medical procedure but can safely return home the same day. The center features modern surgery suites and a team of skilled, caring doctors, nurses, technicians and others. They focus on making your experience as pleasant as possible.
Our center was designed to help your procedure go smoothly and efficiently, so you can head home quickly. It includes a spacious waiting room, with several data ports so those who accompany you to your procedure can be comfortable and productive as they await your release.
We offer a variety of outpatient procedures through the Surgery Center. These include general surgeries, as well as those in:
- Ear, nose and throat
- Plastic surgery
For your safety and convenience, the Surgery Center includes:
- Five operating rooms
- Onsite instrument processing and sterilization
- Advanced medical video equipment
- Private pre- and post-surgery pediatric rooms with rocking chairs so parents can stay comfortable and close to their children before and after surgery
The following information may help you prepare for surgery and answer your questions.
We ask you to:
- Complete your pre-admission form as soon as possible and return it in the self-addressed, stamped envelope that we provide.
- Have any pre-surgery lab tests or other tests ordered by your surgeon at least one week before your surgery.
Once we receive your registration information, we’ll contact you for a telephone interview.
We accept copay and deductible payments by cash, check, Visa and Mastercard. If you prefer to make payment arrangements in advance, please call Patient Financial Services at 707-525-5228.
- Prior to your interview with our pre-admissions nurse, please put together a list of all medications — prescription and over-the-counter — that you take. It may be helpful to assemble a list of any questions you’d like answered before surgery as well.
- To ensure your safety, you must arrange to have someone take you home from the Surgery Center. We will not allow you to leave the Surgery Center on your own. You may also be asked to have someone stay with you when you return home.
- Do not drink any water prior to surgery. This applies to children as well. Children younger than 10 should not even brush their teeth the day of surgery.
- Avoid smoking. Smoking produces mucous and increases your chances of complications during surgery. If you have asthma, emphysema or bronchitis, you should avoid cigarettes completely for at least 48 hours prior to surgery.
- To help ensure your safety, you must remove all jewelry, including wedding rings and any piercings, prior to surgery. Please leave jewelry and valuables such as wallets and purses at home. The only thing you need to bring with you is your insurance card.
- If you wear contact lenses, please bring a container for your lenses or wear glasses to the Surgery Center.
- If you develop a persistent cough, fever or other health problem prior to surgery or need to cancel your procedure for any reason, please notify your physician as soon as possible.