Student and Instructor Portal
Welcome to Providence!
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a student experience within our facilities. To assist you we have developed this page to help you find links to important information and facts you need to know.
Providence facilities in Eastern Washington include:
- Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center - Spokane
- Sacred Heart Children's Hospital - Spokane
- Providence Holy Family Hospital - Spokane
- Providence Mount Carmel Hospital - Colville
- Providence St. Joseph’s Hospital - Chewelah
- Providence Medical Group Clinics & Urgent Care Centers in Spokane and Stevens County
All student rotations and hands-on experiences—both clinical and non-clinical—must be arranged through the Professional Development Coordinator. Use of our facilities is limited to those students formally enrolled in health-related programs who require clinical experience to meet program requirements. Individual health care professional clinical experiences are only provided if the request is sponsored by a health care-related agency or program.
Students must be covered by a current affiliation agreement between their school and Providence. Agreements are verified by the Professional Development Coordinator.
Students must be from educational programs that are accredited by National accrediting bodies.
Job shadows are not permitted within Providence facilities in Spokane or Stevens counties. (Pre-med or medical students who require shadowing should contact the Medical Staff Services office at 509-474-3052 (Sacred Heart) or 509-482-2164 (Holy Family) or any Providence Medical Group Practice for information.)
Volunteer opportunities are managed by Volunteer Services: 509-474-3166 (Sacred Heart) and 509-482-2233 (Holy Family).
Providence will provide the following information to students and instructors:
- General orientation/onboarding information
- Mission and Values
- Code of Conduct
- Hospital wide policies and procedures including environmental, patient safety, and patient rights
Providence retains the right to dismiss a student from a clinical rotation or internship for cause, including, but not limited to, patient endangerment.
Clinical Students/School must complete the Providence Clinical Passport, providing proof of:
- TB Skin Test: Documentation of Two Step TST within the last 12 months or one Quantiferon QFT with negative results.
- Hepatitis B: Documentation of three vaccination dates and titer with “reactive” results; or immunity confirmed by titer (blood test); or a signed waiver.
- MMR (Measles (Rubeola), Mumps and Rubella): Proof of two MMR vaccinations OR Immunity by titers (blood tests).
- Varicella (Chicken Pox): Proof of two Varicella vaccinations OR proof of immunity by titer (blood test).
- Tdap (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis): Proof of one Tdap vaccination after age 12.
- Influenza (flu vaccination): Proof of annual vaccination OR signed waiver
- Background Check: National or Washington State Patrol criminal background check, and Office of Inspector General/ Excluded Provider Search and the System for Award Management, completed no more than 90 days prior to coming to our campus.
- Completion of the Orientation/Onboarding materials provided by the Professional Development Coordinator.
- Acceptable Use Agreement: signed and dated by the student.
- Code of Conduct Commitment: signed and dated by the student Non-Employee
- Confidentiality and Nondisclosure Statement: signed and dated by the student
Non-clinical students/school must complete the Providence non-clinical passport providing proof of a National Criminal Background Check or a Washington State Patrol Check and Office of Inspector General/Excluded Provider Search and System for Award Management, completed no more than 90 days prior to coming to our campus.
Providence passports, along with the signed Acceptable Use Agreement, Code of Conduct Commitment and Non-Employee Confidentiality and Non-disclosure Statement must be returned to the Professional Development Coordinator at least two weeks prior to beginning rotations or internships.
Schools shall provide the Professional Development Coordinator with a copy of the school’s current Liability Insurance.