Providence St. Patrick Hospital provides comprehensive treatment options for patients who experience pain or injury related to muscles, bones and joints. From physical therapy to surgery, we’re here for you. Ranked as the best hospital in Montana by US News & World Report, Providence St. Pat’s is prepared to help you improve your quality of life and stay active.
Patients often explore a variety of treatment options for joint pain with their primary care provider. Common non-surgical treatment options include:
- Steroid joint injections
- Hyaluronic acid injections
- Alternating hot and cold treatment
- Lifestyle modification for joint protection
- Omega-3 fatty acids
- Low-impact activity
When nonsurgical treatment is not enough to alleviate joint pain, joint replacement surgery can be life-changing. When the need arises, patients choose St. Patrick Hospital based on our comprehensive care model, state-of-the-art technology and quality outcomes.
Our procedures include:
- Total knee replacement and revisions
- Total hip replacement and revisions
- Total shoulder and reverse total shoulder replacements
- Total ankle replacement
Your joint replacement team includes:
- Orthopedic surgeon
- Nursing staff
- Physical therapists and occupational therapists
- Social workers
You are encouraged to attend a free total joint replacement class or watch a video before your hip or knee surgery.
- Classes are offered weekly and topics range from nutrition and pain management to physical therapy and the surgical experience. To sign up for a class, call 406-329-5883.
- You can watch a video about what to expect from your total joint replacement surgery journey from the comfort of your own home with a quick online registration.
- You can also download materials to help you prepare for total hip or knee replacement surgery.
Patients who have total joint replacements typically recover quickly. You can expect to walk on the day of surgery. Your total joint team is dedicated to helping you return home and get back to the activities you enjoy.
Joint Replacement Surgery Patient Education
Are you undergoing joint replacement surgery? Join us for a free educational video designed to help you prepare and relieve any anxiety you may have. This video series is designed to prepare patients for their upcoming total hip or knee replacement surgeries.