Awards and Accreditation
Excellence is one of the five foundational values of our organization. We expect accountability for excellence in performance and for adherence to professional and organizational standards.
Many of the rigorous standards we abide by were created by our health care system. Additional standards are required by county, state and national organizations.
When seeking information about quality health care or patient satisfaction scores at a medical center, it is important that you find reliable, objective information which will help you make an informed decision.
A number of organizations have given Queen of the Valley and its many departments high rankings. Among them, we are accredited by The Joint Commission. In addition, Queen of the Valley was recognized as Healthgrades America’s 250 Best Hospitals in 2019 and 2020 and holds the following distinctions for various services:
A U.S. News & World Report High Performer for Congestive Heart Failure Knee Replacement in 2019
Recognized by Healthgrades for five awards including as a Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis for 4 Years in a Row (2018-2021) and One of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Critical Care™ for 2 Years in a Row (2020-2021)
The Geriatric Emergency Department Accreditation’s (GEDA) Bronze Standard Level 3 by the American College of Emergency Physicians We are also verified as a Level III Trauma Center by the American College of Surgeons.
Recognized by Healthgrades for six awards in 2021 including their Gastrointestinal Care Excellence Award™ for 5 Years in a Row (2017-2021) and named among the Top 10% in the nation for overall GI Services
Accreditation by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer
- Blue Distinction® Center Designation for Quality in Knee and Hip Replacement in 2020
- Healthgrades Five-Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery in 2021
- The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval for Primary Stroke Center Certification
- The American Heart Association’s 2020 Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award and Target: Stroke Elite Honor Roll
- For two years in a row, Healthgrades recipient of the Cranial Neurosurgery Excellence Award™ (2020-2021) and named among the top 5% in the nation for Cranial Neurosurgery for 2 years in a row (2020-2021)