If you need care for a condition affecting your brain, nervous system or spine, the Peggy Herman Neuroscience Center at Queen of the Valley Medical Center provides advanced, world-class care 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We offer a full range of emergency, diagnosis, treatment, rehabilitation and prevention services. We deliver fast treatment for stroke at our Primary Stroke Center.
Queen of the Valley Medical Center was recognized by the American Heart Association's 2020 Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award and also qualified for recognition on the Target: Stroke Elite Honor Roll. In 2019, Queen of the Valley was recognized as a Five-star recipient for treatment of stroke.
Our care team includes neurosurgeons from the Department of Neurological Surgery at the University of California, San Francisco. This means when you need the highest level of care, you get immediate access to top-notch brain and spine care.
We use advanced imaging and technology to diagnose and treat your condition.
Our imaging systems include:
- Dual sonograms
Treatments we provide include:
- Cancer care
- Back and spine procedures, such as:
- Back and neck surgery
- Cervical spinal fusion
- Disc device implantation
- Rehabilitation care for:
- Acute inpatient care
- Brain injuries
- Spine injuries
- Stroke care
- Trauma care
Surgery we provide in collaboration with UCSF Medical Center includes:
- Cranial surgery
- Spine surgery
At Queen of the Valley, we care about your health and your peace of mind. We provide services and care to improve overall wellness for you and your family. Options include:
- Stroke Support / Stroke Survivors Group — We provide encouragement, inspiration, motivation, support and education to you and your family. You meet and share experiences with other stroke patients. Call 707-252-4411, x 2819 or email email@example.com for information.
- Synergy Medical Fitness Center — We offer cardiac rehabilitation, Rock Steady Boxing for Parkinson’s patients and many other exercise and rehabilitation programs.
- Institute of Integrative Health — We provide healing techniques like massage and acupuncture. We’re located one floor above the Synergy Medical Fitness Center.
Our team includes specialists such as:
- Physical and speech therapists
We care for people with all types of neurologic conditions, including:
- Brain injuries and trauma
- Brain cancer and tumors
- Cerebrovascular disorders
- Chronic pain syndromes
- Endocrine tumor and bone disease
- Eye, ear and skull base conditions
- Facial pain
- Headaches and migraines
- Hemorrhagic stroke and aneurysm
- Hydrocephalus and spina bifida
- Multiple sclerosis and demyelinating disease
- Neurological pain and neuropathy
- Neurological trauma
- Neurovascular diseases
- Parkinson’s disease and movement disorders
- Peripheral nerve disorders
- Pituitary disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Spinal lesions
- Spine injuries and trauma
- Spine cancer and tumors
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA or mini-stroke)
The Queen of the Valley Medical Center Stroke Support Group provides stroke survivors an opportunity to learn about their stroke, share experiences about their stroke… and become inspired to move forward.
Stroke survivors and caregivers will make friends, socialize and gain and share realistic feedback that can help themselves and others. Ongoing education from expert interdisciplinary team members will be routinely provided, in addition to linking the survivors to community resources.
The vision of the Stroke Survivors Group is to encourage, inspire, motivate, support and educate.