When you need back or spine care, the Peggy Herman Neuroscience Center at Queen of the Valley Medical Center provides specialized, world-class spine service. From physical therapy and pain management to minimally invasive surgery, our expert neurosurgeons, orthopedic surgeons, and spine care teams help you restore function and improve your quality of life.
Our partnership with the Department of Neurological Surgery at the University of California, San Francisco means you get access to the most advanced spine care when you need it.
Referral form for your physician available here.
We care for all types of back and spine conditions, including:
- Chiari malformations
- Chronic back and neck pain
- Degenerative back and neck disorders
- Herniated discs
- Lumbar and cervical disc damage
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal tumors
At Queen of the Valley, we provide a wide range of care for spine issues. Our team talks with you about your goals so we can create the best treatment plan for you. Your care may include pain management, rehabilitation, surgery or a combination of these.
Our spine and orthopedic-certified specialists help you manage pain and build strength. Services and therapies that we provide include:
- Classes and health education programs
- Disc biacuplasty (a treatment for damaged discs)
- Epidural steroid injections
- Fitness classes at Synergy Medical Fitness Center
- Injections to quiet nerve pain, including radiofrequency neurotomy, facet denervation and rhizotomy
- Inpatient, outpatient and in-home rehabilitation
- Nonnarcotic medications
- Pain-relieving injections
- Physical and rehabilitation medicine
- Physical, occupational and speech therapies
- Programs focused on rebuilding strength so you can return to work
Our neurosurgeons use minimally invasive techniques whenever possible. This means you experience a shorter hospital stay, less scarring and a faster recovery. The spine surgeries we provide include:
- Anterior lumbar interbody fusion
- Artificial disc replacement
- Cervical spinal fusion
- Disc device implantation
- Interlaminar stabilization
- Interspinous fusion
- Micro endoscopic posterior discectomy
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion
- Scoliosis surgery
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Spinal fusion
- Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion
We are dedicated to providing spine surgery with the best possible outcomes and the fastest return to a productive life. In keeping with this goal, we offer a preoperative training class-currently offered virtually online-where you’ll learn what the surgery involves, how to prepare for surgery and what to expect after surgery. Whether you’re thinking about a spine procedure or you’re scheduled for surgery, we encourage you to attend our class.