A journey with cancer (from diagnosis through treatment and beyond) can take a toll on your body, mind, and spirit. The Cancer Wellness Program at Providence Queen of the Valley Medical Center offers whole-person care to ease your path.
Our 12-week program is designed to support you by strengthening your body, enriching your mind and nurturing hope and courage. Our team offers a variety of services to help you recover and restore yourself on all levels. Our goal is to help you feel and function your best — physically, mentally and emotionally.
As a participant in the Cancer Wellness Program, you receive:
- 3-month membership to Synergy Medical Fitness Center, which includes access to group classes such as yoga, Pilates, meditation, aquatic exercise and more.
- Consultation with a registered dietician to improve nutritional health.
- Guidance from a physical therapist to develop a personalized exercise program aimed at helping you increase energy and fight fatigue.
- Individual counseling sessions with a licensed therapist or meditative wellness coach to promote well-being and help you manage stress.
- Individual sessions with a Rosen Method/Comfort Touch practitioner to enhance body awareness and relaxation.
- Information on community resources and organizations that serve the needs of cancer survivors.
- Private meetings with a spiritual care minister as needed.
Admission to the program requires a doctor’s referral. You are eligible to participate if you:
- Have a physical or functional deficit because of cancer and are undergoing or have recently completed cancer treatment
- Are a resident of Napa County, regardless of where you receive treatment
- Live outside of the Napa Valley but receive treatment at Providence Queen of the Valley Medical Center
Through generous donations from community members and the financial support of the Queen of the Valley Foundation, the Cancer Wellness Program is available to everyone, regardless of financial