Intergenerational Giving Circle
At Providence Mount St. Vincent, we create magic by connecting the beginning and the end of life through shared experiences between the very young and the residents at The Mount. You can be a part of making this circle of life possible for children and elders each year by joining The Intergenerational Giving Circle.
President's Dinner Has Been Postponed
In the meantime, there is still time to join the Intergenerational Giving Circle and participate in the drawings for two, seven-day European experiences! Two Intergenerational Giving Circle members will receive a seven-day stay on a beautiful houseboat in Amsterdam.
Members of The Circle give or pledge $1,000 or more each year, and fund the Intergenerational program at The Mount, creating joy for residents and children alike.
Each year, our extended family grows as new students and residents arrive at The Mount. And each year, the Mount funds $100,000 to support the “magic” of intergenerational moments. This funding is an investment in building relationships between students and residents.
Intergenerational programming creates built-in “grandparents” and “grandchildren” for friendships and learning. The Mount is known as a national and international role model in changing the landscape of intergenerational relationships. People travel from all over the world to study our model. We have been pioneering blending young and old since the establishment of the Intergenerational Learning Center (ILC) in 1991. Today, the program connects 400 elders who make The Mount their home with 125 students who attend the ILC
Join a group of like-minded supporters who care about sustaining and furthering our innovative model of intergenerational engagement. Your investment of $1,000 or more makes the vision of intergenerational programs and environments a reality here at the Mount and helps to grow a model for the world.
In addition to the reward of creating a joyful environment for residents and children to share time, learning, and presence each day, you will also enjoy these benefits as a member of The Intergenerational Giving Circle:
- A Chance for a Trip of a Lifetime: Participate in a giveaway drawing for a 7 day European experience of a lifetime. Two members will receive a 7 day stay during the month of July on a beautiful houseboat in Amsterdam. This will be your home base for exploring Europe, complete with airfare for two (to and from Amsterdam).
- Community Recognition: Be recognized on the Mount’s website, in the annual Living News publication, and at various events throughout the year as a member of The Intergenerational Giving Circle.
- Special Access: Attend our invite-only annual President’s dinner on March 19, 2020. Learn exclusive updates about intergenerational innovations and impacts.
Each year, our extended family grows as more students and residents arrive at The Mount. And each year, the Mount needs $100,000 to continue the “magic” of the ILC beyond student tuition. Without this funding from the community, we would simply have a childcare center located at a senior care living community.
This funding is an investment in building relationships between students and residents. It means that:
- Artists, musicians, and theatrical arts specialists can lead creative activities to engage all ages
- Higher teacher ratio in the classroom to facilitate frequent visits in resident neighborhoods
- More opportunities for students to interact with residents in everyday settings to normalize the aging experience