Our team uses non-surgical treatments and comprehensive rehabilitation strategies to help you heal. We offer options to help you live well while managing your specific condition.
When you come to Providence, you’ll meet with our physical medicine and rehabilitation doctors who specialize in muscle and bone issues that affect how your body moves.
If needed, your care team may perform electrodiagnostic testing to better understand how your muscles are working. We use different types of electrodiagnostic tests, including:
- Electromyogram — measures muscle function in those with muscle weakness
- Nerve conduction study —checks nerve function in those experiencing numbness, tingling or other unusual sensations.
Your doctor will prescribe the best care that aligns with your diagnosis. Treatment options include:
- EMG-guided injections that deliver targeted medications for musculoskeletal pain
- Musculoskeletal medicine
- Neurorehabilitation for brain and spinal cord injuries or stroke
- Non-surgical management of joint and back pain
- Peripheral joint injections
- Spasticity management
There are a wide range of alternative pain therapies that might be right for you besides surgery. Talk with your doctor to identify the exact cause of your pain and discuss alternative treatments that could work for you, including:
- Chiropractic care
- Non-narcotic medications
- Pain-relieving injections
- Physical therapy
If surgery is necessary, you can trust our neurosurgical team to offer the least invasive options possible.
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.