Father Malnar Maternity Clinic
Father Malnar Maternity Clinic
From pregnancy through childbirth to follow-up pediatric care, the Father Malnar Maternity Clinic at Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center is here for you and your baby.
In addition to maternity services, we provide education about pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and parenting. We offer medical care and support for every expected or unexpected need.
Doctors, nurses and other maternity care providers work as close partners with you and your primary obstetrician. Specialty-trained perinatology and neonatology doctors and other specialists are also part of the Providence team. They provide an added level of care for you and your baby if it’s needed.
Providence Family Medicine doctors are trained in obstetrics, offering care throughout pregnancy and childbirth. An obstetrician is always on call to manage any need at any hour.
Our clinic care includes routine checkups throughout your pregnancy. After childbirth, Providence pediatricians provide well-baby care for your newborn. A registered nurse offers follow-up guidance through the early days after you go home.
We provide these and other services:
- 24-hour anesthesia support options during childbirth
- Behavioral health services
- Certified labor and delivery instructors
- Certified lactation specialists to guide successful breastfeeding
- Cesarean deliveries
- Childbirth and parenting classes
- Continuity of care with family medicine providers after childbirth
- D&C for miscarriage
- Dietary education
- Individualized labor support, based on your personal birth plan
- Labor and delivery
- Maternity care before and after birth
- Twin deliveries
- Ultrasounds and prenatal diagnosis
We provide extra care for complex conditions such as pregnancy complications or abnormal ultrasound findings through the Maternal-Fetal Medicine Clinic. Specialty-trained doctors and others provide advanced services, including:
- Genetic counseling
- Obstetric management of complicated pregnancies
- Postpartum complication consultations
- Prenatal consultation and diagnosis
- Ultrasound interpretation
- When your baby is born, you’ll hear chimes ring on the hospital overhead paging system to announce your newborn’s arrival.
- If you’d like to show off your new addition, we’ll arrange to have high-quality digital photos taken of your baby and posted online. We take careful precautions to ensure your baby’s privacy.
Contact us at 509-474-2400 for more information or to ask us about scheduling specific services.
You’ll receive prenatal, maternity care and other services at the Providence Father Malnar Maternity Clinic where you have access to a full range of services for mothers, children and families.
The Providence Sacred Heart Birth Place has the latest medical suites, technology and equipment as well as many comforts of home. From cozy rooms and furniture to space for your baby and close family, it’s an ideal place to welcome a new family member.
Birth Place facilities include more than 30 antepartum rooms (care before birth) and postpartum rooms (care after birth) plus 17 spacious labor rooms. Special needs care includes:
- Antepartum Unit – for women having difficulty in pregnancy
- Nearby high-risk pregnancy clinic
- Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
You and your family can sign up for a free 30-minute guided tour of the Providence Sacred Heart Birth Place. Complete the sign-up information here. If you have questions, please contact us at 509-474-2400.
We want you and your loved ones to feel welcome and comfortable throughout this milestone experience. From educational resources to personal support, your care team is here to help
During your pregnancy, labor and delivery or after childbirth, you may see these and other care providers:
- Behavioral health counselors
- Financial counselors
- Genetic counselors
- Lactation consultants
- Neonatal intensive care (NICU) doctors, nurses and staff
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Primary obstetrics providers
- Registered dietitians
- Registered nurses
- Social workers
Free pregnancy and parenting app
Circle® is a free pregnancy and parenting app that provides useful health resources, top-notch pregnancy calculator and tools to help track ovulation, weight, blood pressure, and vaccinations. Enjoy easy access to program information, services and classes, too! Plus, when you connect to MyChart through Circle, you'll receive appointment reminders for you and your children. Learn more about the Circle app.
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.