When you need surgery, our team at Providence Sacred Heart Medical Center’s Surgery Center will ensure you get the best available care. We offer state-of-the-art technology, innovative procedures and a caring staff.
Each year, we perform approximately 23,000 surgeries. Whether you come to us for a common outpatient surgery where you return home the day of your procedure or you have a more complex operation and spend several days in the hospital, we will make your experience as easy and stress-free as possible.
We understand that you might feel nervous about surgery, whether it’s you having an operation or someone you care about. We aim to calm your nerves and help you feel prepared for what’s coming. When you’re about to have an operation, there’s no such thing as a silly question. We encourage you to speak up about whatever’s on your mind and share your concerns. We’ll do our best to put you at ease.
You can count on Providence to provide exceptional care, a safe, pleasant environment and all the help you need to get on the road to wellness.
At Providence, we do all types of surgery, from more common procedures such as appendectomies, C-sections and cataract removal to complex heart operations and organ transplants.
We’re well known for the highly specialized procedures we perform. Some of these include:
- Breast reconstruction
- Deep brain stimulation
- Heart transplants
- Image-guided neurosurgery
- Kidney and pancreas transplants
- Neonatal and pediatric cardiothoracic surgery
- Orthopedic oncology
- Reconstructive airway
- Reconstructive urology
- Robotic-assisted cardiology
- Robotic-assisted total joint replacement
Surgeons who operate at our facilities include those who specialize in:
- Cardiovascular surgery
- Colorectal surgery
- Dental surgery
- Ear, nose and throat surgery
- General surgery
- Gynecologic oncology surgery
- Gynecologic surgery
- Maxillofacial surgery
- Ophthalmological surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Pediatric surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Robotic surgery
- Thoracic surgery
- Trauma surgery
- Urological surgery
- Vascular surgery
We strive to get you well prepared for surgery and knowledgeable about what to expect. In many cases, a pre-surgery consultation with a nurse will be part of your care.
During the consultation, a nurse will explain what will happen on the day of your surgery, verify your current medications and allergies and go over the steps we take to keep you safe.
Before your consultation, please be prepared with:
- A list of any questions you have
- A list of your current medications
- Your medical and surgical history
- Information about allergies, any previous anesthesia complications and other pertinent information.
Your surgeon will provide any special instructions you must follow before surgery. Sometimes, for instance, you may be required to temporarily stop taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory medications, herbal supplements or blood thinners prior to your operation. Be sure your surgeon knows if you’re using these medicines.
If you have diabetes, your surgeon may give you instructions to follow on the day of your surgery as well.
If an unexpected medical problem, such as a fever, cold, cough or the flu, arises before your scheduled surgery, please let your surgeon know as soon as possible. For your well-being, it may be necessary to postpone your operation.
Finally, we ask that you don’t shave any area of your body associated with your surgery before your procedure. We will take care of this just before surgery.
For your safety and the safety of others, if you’ll be having outpatient surgery, we don’t allow you to drive yourself home. Please arrange to have someone at the surgery center to give you a ride once you’re discharged.
It’s also important to have someone with you or close-by for the first 24 hours after you return home.
- U.S. News & World Report 2023-24 High-Performing Hospital for Aortic Valve Surgery
- U.S. News & World Report 2023-24 High-Performing Hospital for Back Surgery
- U.S. News & World Report 2023-24 High-Performing Hospital for Colon Cancer Surgery
- U.S. News & World Report 2023-24 High-Performing Hospital for Heart Bypass Surgery
- U.S. News & World Report 2023-24 High-Performing Hospital for Lung Cancer Surgery
- U.S. News & World Report 2023-24 High-Performing Hospital for Ovarian Cancer Surgery
- U.S. News & World Report 2023-24 High-Performing Hospital for Prostate Cancer Surgery
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.