Adult Volunteer Opportunities
The adult program is open to high school seniors and anyone over the age of 18.
See dates for upcoming application deadlines, orientation, and training
Before You Apply
Can you answer yes to the following questions?
- Are you at least a senior in high school or older?
- Are you able to commit to 100 hours of service?
- Are you able to commit to one 3-4 hour shift per week?
- Are you able to complete the requirements during normal business hours?
If you answered “no” to any of the questions above you should consider applying at another time.
Required Steps to Become a Volunteer
- View summary of volunteer positions
- View the current Application Form which has most recent instructions.
- Attend the Interview during your recruitment period (i.e. If you apply in the December block you must be able to attend the interview day during that same recruitment block).
- Complete onboarding requirements (more information provided during interview).
- Complete the online orientation by the required date (more information provided prior to the interview).
Experience-Specific Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer Services has several volunteer opportunities for those with specific experience or certifications. If you have experience in one of these areas below and would like to volunteer in that role, please fill out the interest form.
Music Volunteer: For musicians that are proficient in their instrument of choice who which to provide music for a
Interest Form: Music Volunteer Interest Form
Community Volunteer: Providence Institute for Healthier Communities is recruiting community volunteers to help run
booths & activities at various local events.
Interest Form: Community Volunteer Interest Form
Comfort Dog Teams: For handlers & dogs who are registered with an approved organization who want to volunteer within
the hospital visiting staff and patients.
Interest Form: Comfort Dog Team Interest Form
Eucharistic Minister: For volunteers who wish to assist our Spiritual Care department and have or will be completing
Eucharistic Minister training.
Interest Form: Eucharistic Minister Interest Form
Emergency Preparedness Volunteer: For volunteers who are registered radio operators.
Interest Form: Emergency Preparedness Interest Form
PICAA Volunteer Advocate: For Volunteers interested in providing medical advocacy support to survivors of sexual and/or physical assault and abuse at four Snohomish County Emergency departments (including Everett Providence Regional Medical Center, Swedish Edmonds, Swedish Mill Creek and Cascade Valley Hospital in Arlington) alongside our Forensic Nurse Examiners.
Interest Form: PICAA Volunteer Advocate Interest Form
PICAA Clerical Volunteer: For Volunteers who wish to help in the Providence Intervention Center for Assault and Abuse (PICAA) office at Dawson Place. This position is not direct service with patients and clients but is a great support for our nurses and department secretary.
Interest Form: PICAA Clerical Volunteer Interest Form