Adult Volunteer Opportunities
The adult program is open to high school seniors and anyone over the age of 18.
Before you apply
Can you answer yes to the following questions?
- Are you at least a senior in high school or older?
- Are you able to commit to 100 hours of service?
- Are you able to commit to one 3-4 hour shift per week?
- Are you able to complete the requirements during normal business hours?
If you answered “no” to any of the questions above you should consider applying at another time.
Required steps to become a volunteer
- Complete the Volunteer Application during the open recruitment period.
- Attend the Interview during your recruitment period (i.e. If you apply in the December block you must be able to attend the interview day during
- that same recruitment block).
- Complete onboarding requirements (more information provided during interview).
- Complete the on-line orientation by the required date (more information provided prior to the interview).View summary of volunteer positions
Frequently asked questions
How old do I need to be to volunteer through the adult program?All applicants must be at least a senior in high school or older.
How long is the volunteer commitment?Your commitment is at least 100 hours of service. This usually takes 6-9 months, volunteering once a week for a four hour shift.
How do I apply?The online application will be available to fill out on the dates listed. You will receive an invitation by email to interview. If you are accepted into the volunteer program, you will need to complete the steps for onboarding. The entire process takes 3-4 weeks to complete, including department training.
What if I cannot attend the interview on the day it is offered?If you are unable to attend the interview on the day it is offered, you will need to apply at another time.
What if I can't attend the department training?All new volunteers must attend department specific training during the week specified in the recruitment window when you applied. You must be able to attend a 1 day, 4 hour training between 8 am and 5 pm in your assigned department during the specified week.
How often am I required to volunteer?You must volunteer at least 4 shifts per month and no more than 2 shifts per week.