Center for Advanced Heart Disease & Transplant
Advanced heart disease can leave you exhausted, short of breath and too weak to walk even a few steps. When your heart fails you and life feels like an uphill battle, you need and deserve a high level of care.
At the Providence Center for Advanced Heart Disease, our doctors combine expertise to manage the most complex heart conditions. Together, we’ll help you feel better and live your life as fully as possible.
Our team provides complete medical and surgical management for advanced stages of heart disease. Your doctor may refer you to our center to receive care for these or other serious conditions:
- Congenital heart disease
- Coronary artery disease
- End-stage congestive heart failure
- Heart attack
- Lung disease
- Valve disease
- Valvular heart disease
- Venous and arterial disease
Providence doctors who specialize in cardiology, cardiac surgery, cardiac anesthesiology and other highly focused areas of heart medicine cooperate to treat patients of all ages, from infancy through adulthood. We provide the latest surgical and nonsurgical techniques and innovations.
Whatever your condition, cardiologists will tailor treatment to your changing needs. Our team offers an in-depth understanding of advanced heart disease, including the complexities of implanted devices, mechanical hearts and heart transplant care.
Our team provides these and other services:
- Advanced care units
- Advanced imaging and testing
- Cardiac intensive care units
- Cardiac rehabilitation
- Congenital heart disease evaluation and care
- Evaluation and management of severe heart disease
- Heart surgery, including open heart surgery
- Heart transplant evaluation, surgery and follow-up care
- Interventional cardiology services
- Mechanical heart evaluation, implantation and care
- Minimally-invasive procedures to diagnose and treat disease
- Ventricular-assist device implant and care
If you have end-stage heart failure or other serious heart disease, your doctor may refer you to our transplant team to be evaluated for a potential heart transplant.
Transplant care calls for orchestrated teamwork. Providence doctors, nurses and transplant coordinators will guide you through the process. You’ll undergo extensive screening, including physical checkups, a medical history review and various types of testing.
You’ll have a chance to discuss your financial, psychological and social needs. We’ll guide you along the way, from finding a match to preparing for your procedure to long-term care that protects your new heart and health.
At Providence, our transplant program provides these and other services:
- Transplant screening and evaluation
- Coordination with your doctors and health care network
- Mechanical assist options while waiting for a new heart
- Transplant surgery
- Post-transplant follow-up evaluation and care
- Long-term care plans
- Emergency care if needed
- Clinical care and support
Your care team may include:
- Cardiac rehabilitation nurses
- Cardiothoracic surgeons
- Cardiovascular surgeons
- Cardiovascular technicians
- Critical care nurses
- Data coordinators
- Financial counselors
- Heart failure cardiologists
- Interventional cardiologists
- Mechanical heart engineers
- Nurse practitioners
- Physical therapists
- Physician assistant/advanced practice providers
- Registered dietitians
- Research nurses
- Registered nurses
- Respiratory therapists
- Social workers
- Surgical assistants
- Transplant coordinators
- Transplant surgeons
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.