Better Choices Better Health
Better Choices Better Health Chronic Disease Prevention & Management Program is a FREE self-management workshop for people with diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, arthritis, asthma, chronic pain, mood disorders or other long-term conditions. Individuals caring for those with chronic health conditions are also welcome to attend. Developed by Stanford University, workshop topics include:
- Find practical ways to deal with pain, fatigue and stress
- Discover better nutrition and exercise choices
- Management of symptoms and difficult emotions
- Understand new treatment options
- Learn better ways to talk to your doctor and family about your health
Workshops are facilitated by lay leaders trained in the Stanford Chronic Disease Self-Management Program who use a standardized, evidence based-curriculum. Most leaders have health problems of their own and can relate to living with various conditions.
Workshops meet for 2½ hours per week for 6 consecutive weeks and are held in various locations throughout the community. Each workshop has 10 to 15 participants and are highly interactive.
Send us an email or call 406-329-5746 to secure your spot, for more information about workshops in your area, or to learn more about becoming a Better Choices Better Health workshop leader for your community or organization. Pre-registration is required.
601 W. Spruce, Suite C
Missoula, MT 59802
Thank you to the following organizations for helping provide free chronic disease self-management workshops.
- Partnership Health Center
- Missoula City-County Health Department
- The University of Montana
- Ravalli County Council on Aging
- Mountain-Pacific Quality Health