When you’re healing from an operation, injury or illness, the road to recovery can seem long. At Providence St. Patrick Hospital, our rehabilitation specialists will help you feel and function a little better each day.
Providence physical, occupational and speech therapists work with your doctor and other care providers to help your recovery. We treat a wide range of conditions, from repetitive stress injuries and swallowing disorders to stroke and heart disease.
Our team includes exercise specialists who evaluate your progress and help you build your strength safely.
We offer outpatient rehabilitation services to help you recover from illness, injury, or surgery and to manage the effects of conditions such as:
- Back and neck injuries
- Balance impairment and dizziness
- Brain and spinal cord injuries
- Cognitive disorders
- Neurological conditions including Parkinson’s disease, ALS and multiple sclerosis
- Orthopedic surgeries and injuries including hip, knee and shoulder
- Repetitive stress injuries including tendonitis and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Speech disorders
- Sports injuries
- Swallowing disorders
The Providence team works alongside you and your family or support network, guided by your referring doctor. We’ll guide you toward steadily increasing amounts of responsibility so you can get you back to living as independently as possible.
The Providence outpatient rehabilitation clinic is located in the Wellness Center on the first floor of the Broadway Building, near the outdoor fountain and Broadway Conference Center.
Our large, well-equipped gym offers sweeping views of Mount Sentinel. All treatment rooms are private. Everything your care providers need to do a complete evaluation is right here.
You may work with these and other Providence rehabilitation specialists:
- Assistive technology specialists
- Exercise physiologists
- Occupational therapists
- Physical therapists
- Primary care doctors
- Speech and language pathologists
- Wheelchair seating and mobility specialists