High School Interns
Welcome to Kadlec Regional Medical Center. We look forward to having you as a student in our facility. Read about the history of Kadlec.
Request an Internship
All requests for student internships must be directed to the student's high school Career Center prior to completing the application packet.
Delta High School
Learn more about the Delta program
Hanford High School
Learn more about the Hanford program
Richland High School
Learn more about the Richland program
Tri-Tech High School
Learn more about the Tri-Tech program
If you would like to be considered as a candidate for this program, please see the above list of school contacts and reach out to the appropriate coordinator for next steps. Interviews and selection process for this program will be conducted by the student's school coordinator as well as notifications of acceptance or denial.
- Ensure current affiliation agreement and certificate of insurance (COI) is on file with each participating school or school district before approving student placements.
- Verify completion of each student's required documents. Student will be responsible for submitting all appropriate documents to Michael Hood for review and verification. Email documents to above Education Supervisor email address at least two weeks prior to orientation.
- Education supervisor will work with school coordinators to create initial “Welcome email” to all students with detailed instructions on entirety of program, Hospital Orientation for students to attend on first day, complete schedule for student rotations, obtain and provide T-Shirts for students to wear during rotations, create / hand out student badges and submit two standout student selections for $1,000 Kadlec Foundation Grant Scholarships. Only Senior year students are eligible for above grant.
To be submitted via email only to Michael Hood. Forms must be received no later than two weeks prior to orientation date.
- Badge Request Form
- KRMC Confidentiality and Conduct Agreement (signed by student AND parent)
- RSD/KRMC Confidentiality and Conduct Agreement (signed by student AND parent)
- Confidentiality and Nondisclosure Statement
- High School Student Information Card
- High School Work Based Learning Program Waiver
- Mission & Core Values
- Standards of Excellence
- Code of Conduct
- Safety & Compliance Review Sheet ("The Insider")
Follow links below where available. There may be additional policies to review depending on your placement. These policies will be provided to you when necessary.
- Non-smoking/tobacco free policy
- Parking Policy
- Dress Code and Personal Appearance
- Electronic Device Use: You may not use personal cell phones in patient care areas. You may only use personal cell phones in private, designated areas of the hospital. Please ask your instructor or a Kadlec unit RN where those areas are. Absolutely no photos can be taken in patient care areas of any Kadlec campus.
Orientation will be arranged by Michael Hood - Education and Student Services Supervisor. Please wear business professional attire to orientation. Khaki pants with polo or button up shirt to orientation is sufficient. You will receive a Kadlec ID badge at this time.
For any questions about the High School Work Based Learning Program, please reach out to
Supervisor Education / Student Services
KADLEC REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
888 Swift Blvd. Richland, WA 99352