Job Shadow Experiences
Welcome to Kadlec Regional Medical Center. We look forward to having you as a job shadow observer in our facility. If this is your first experience with Kadlec, you can learn more about us by reading the history of Kadlec.
To request a job shadow experience with Kadlec, please confirm that you meet the eligibility criteria on this page, then submit the Job Shadow Application to Kadlec Academic Services. All job shadow requests must go through the Academic Services team. Submitting a request does not guarantee placement, regardless of eligibility.
If you are a student seeking a hands-on clinical experience, please visit our clinical rotation opportunities.
You must be 16 years of age or older (if under 18 years of age, parental consent is required on the application form). In addition, you must meet at least one of these additional criteria:
- You are planning to enroll in a school or program that requires job shadow hours as a condition of application or acceptance (you will be asked to provide evidence of this requirement via a link to an admissions page, screenshot, or school contact information so that we can verify the requirement)
- You are currently enrolled in a school or program that requires job shadow hours as a condition of graduation (you will be asked to provide evidence of this requirement via a link to an admissions page, screenshot, or school contact information so that we can verify the requirement)
- You are a currently employed at Kadlec (or one of our Providence partners)
- You have applied to work at Kadlec, and the hiring manager is requesting a job shadow experience as part of the interview or pre-hire process
We welcome your application anytime. For best results, your shadow application must be received by our team a minimum of 2 weeks prior to your requested start date.
- Review the eligibility requirements (above) to confirm your eligibility
- Submit a Job Shadow Application via email to Michael Hood, Education Supervisor. In your email, be sure to include a summary of your eligibility, including evidence of job shadow requirement (if applicable).
Once your application has been approved, you will receive an email with instructions on how to complete a brief safety orientation. This orientation must be completed prior to starting your job shadow experience. After the orientation is complete, you will be cleared to begin your job shadow experience.
We are currently accepting selective job shadow applications for experiences in the Operating Room (OR). If you are trying to set up a job shadow with a provider that regularly works in the OR, confirm with them that they are not scheduled to work in the OR on the day of the shadow, as job shadow observers will not be permitted to enter the OR.
For further assistance, contact Kadlec Academic Services by email or call 509-942-2357.
For more information, refer to the Job Shadow Experiences policy.