More energy. Better health. Greater well-being.
There’s so much to gain from losing the weight, and we can help you achieve it.
The Bariatric Wellness Program at Queen of the Valley in beautiful Napa County offers comprehensive surgical and non-surgical weight loss programs designed for your specific personal goals and preferences. Our board certified surgeons specialize in bariatric surgery, minimally invasive surgery and endoscopy. We serve residents in Napa and Sonoma counties, and throughout the Bay area.
We recommend watching our on-demand video series to learn:
- What you can expect from weight loss surgery
- How to know whether you are a candidate
- How we can help you gain control of your health
If you or someone you love is morbidly obese, you already know how damaging it can be. Excess weight can impact your health, self-esteem, and relationships. People who suffer with morbid obesity are faced with a shorter life expectancy and are at a much higher risk for other diseases such as high blood pressure, heart problems, diabetes, and sleep apnea.
The accredited Bariatric Wellness Program at Queen of the Valley Medical Center takes a holistic approach to care that encompasses total wellness — body, mind and spirit. We are committed to providing ongoing physical, nutritional, emotional and spiritual support to help you realize the health goals you desire.
According to guidelines established by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), you may be a candidate for bariatric surgery if at least one of these applies to you:
- You weigh 100 or more pounds over ideal body weight
- Your body mass index (BMI) is greater than 40, or greater than 35 if you also have a serious weight-related health condition such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, sleep apnea or hypertension
- You have weight-related problems and restrictions in mobility, work and performance of family responsibilities
Whether you choose a surgical or non-surgical weight loss program, you’ll receive education, nutritional guidance, counseling and ongoing support. Our services include:
- Adjustable Gastric Band
- Intragastric Balloon
- Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
- Robotic Surgery
Most insurance plans accepted. Please verify your health plan with your physician's office.
Queen of the Valley's bariatric professionals and specialists understand the challenges of unhealthy weight. We work with you to make sure your weight loss program is comfortable, efficient and tailored to your needs. Our core team includes:
- Bariatric surgical specialists
- Registered nurses
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
Dr. Perryman shares about the caring, compassionate and connected environment we provide patients at our weight management program.