Heart and Vascular Center
St. Joseph Hospital Orange
Put yourself on a path for heart health.
Recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the nation’s High Performing Hospitals for abdominal aortic aneurysm repair, aortic valve surgery, heart bypass surgery and heart failure, St. Joseph Hospital continues to be a leader in cardiovascular services, offering optimal treatments in a comfortable and enriching environment.
Experience saves lives.
St. Joseph Hospital is the region’s highest volume healer of heart and valve diseases, using least-invasive advances like Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR)
Schedule an appointment:
Call us or fill out our online form to request an appointment with our expert heart care team.
Heart disease and stroke can affect anyone, regardless of age, ethnicity, gender or income level. We are committed to improving and maintaining your heart and vascular health by providing comprehensive and compassionate diagnostic, treatment and prevention services. We offer:
- State-of-the-art diagnostic and treatment technologies
- Highly trained physician specialists
- Experienced nurses and technologists
- Individualized education
- Leading edge treatments and innovative therapies guided by evidence-based knowledge, including:
- open heart surgeries
- percutaneous (through the skin) structural heart procedures
- progressive coronary interventions
- Chronic Total Occlusion (CTO) procedures
- interventional radiology
- peripheral vascular (blood vessels in the extremities) procedures
- Active participation in clinical research studies
Our comprehensive cardiac and vascular services includes open heart surgery, percutaneous structural heart procedures, progressive coronary interventions, chronic total occlusion procedures, interventional radiology and peripheral vascular procedures.
- Cardiovascular CT and MRI
- Cardiac Catheterization
- Cardiac Stress Test
- Electron Beam Computed Tomography (EBCT)
- Stress Tests
- Electrocardiogram (EKG)
- Endomyocardial Biopsy
- Holter Monitor
- Nuclear Studies
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) Screening
- Tilt Table Test
- Comprehensive Aortic Center
- Heart Failure Program
- Heart Screenings
- Healthy Lifestyle Series
- Structural Heart Disease Program
Healthy Lifestyle Series
The Dick Butkus Heart and Vascular Screening Program
- Free screenings for military veterans - call (855) BUTKUSD (288-5873) for information
- Discounted screenings for first responders - call (855) BUTKUSD (288-5873) for information
Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
If your doctor recommends cardiac rehab for your recovery, please complete the following intake form.
The multidisciplinary team of professionals and specialists are experienced in the care and treatment of patients with cardiovascular disorders. Our core team includes:
- Cardiothoracic surgeons
- Vascular surgeons
- Interventional radiologists
- Nursing staff and specialty-trained technicians
- Wellness coaches
St. Joseph Hospital's Heart and Vascular Center physicians participate in a number of leading-edge research and clinical trials to improve patient outcomes. Participating in a clinical trial through the St. Joseph Heart and Vascular Center offers you a unique opportunity to:
- Potentially improve your condition using a new medication or technology
- Access therapies otherwise not available
- Maintain close contact with your health care team via easily accessible research coordinators
- Further clinical knowledge that will advance care for many others in the future
Our clinical trial selection process prioritizes patient safety and the potential effectiveness of each new therapy. We undertake care-changing heart and vascular clinical trials that are supported by the National Institutes of Health, national non-profit research organizations as well as industry. Advanced capabilities and a highly successful clinical trial track record have made us one of the busiest study sites for clinical trials, also known as clinical intervention studies, in Southern California.
Consenting patients undergo a thorough screening process to qualify for each study. If you have the potential to benefit from the trial, your participation will involve carefully defined criteria and timeframes. Throughout the study, you will remain under the medical management of your primary physician.
Our clinical research team consists of physicians who are experts in their field and who continuously seek better ways to treat and help their patients. Working with these physicians are two dedicated research coordinators who have more than 20 years of research experience combined. The coordinators are easily reached during office hours for any questions you may have by phone or email.