Providence Cancer Institute Franz Breast Care Clinic
Providence Cancer Institute Franz Breast Care Clinic
Providence Cancer Institute Franz Breast Care Clinic is designed to quickly meet the needs of patients with breast health concerns. Although most breast concerns are related to benign breast disease or conditions, waiting for a diagnosis can cause considerable stress and anxiety in patients. Our dedicated team of experts gives patients speedy access to breast care expertise in a compassionate environment. Watch this video to learn more.
We provide breast care for women who have the following:
- Symptoms such as pain, redness, lumps, etc.
- An elevated risk for cancer due to family history or the results of a biopsy
- Have a positive test for a gene mutation in BRCA1 or BRCA2
When you have concerns about your breast health – whether it is fear of cancer or symptoms like breast pain – it is natural to feel scared. Our breast health specialists are here to transform anxiety into an action plan.
- A comprehensive breast examination, which includes a detailed review of your personal and family medical history
- Referral to a Providence Breast Center location for a same-day mammogram, ultrasound or other imaging service, if needed
- A personalized plan of care for breast health with a focus on education and prevention strategies
- Referral to cancer risk assessment or genetic counseling, if appropriate
- Communication with other care team members, such as your primary care provider, about any breast findings and your care plan
When you first hear the words “it’s cancer,” the road ahead may seem overwhelming. But from that moment on, Providence Cancer Institute surrounds you with people to help you through the journey. Treating your cancer is not only about treating the disease; it is also about supporting you as a whole person – body, mind and spirit. Here are some of our key support services to help you get through your treatment and emerge as healthy as possible.
- Oncology nurse navigators work directly with your oncologists, surgeons, and care team to help you better understand and follow your treatment plans. The compassionate guidance of nurse navigators has been shown to improve treatment outcomes for patients.
Learn more about nurse navigators.
- Oncology social workers are trained counselors who help patients and families cope with the emotional stresses and practical concerns associated with cancer. Providence cancer patients and their families can benefit from our social work services.
Learn more about what an oncology social worker can do for you.
- Oncology nutrition. Cancer and cancer treatments can affect the way your body tolerates certain foods and uses nutrients. Our registered dietitians specialize in cancer nutrition and are here to help.
Learn more about oncology nutrition.
- Integrative medicine offers an excellent complement to conventional medicine to help patients achieve optimal health. Programs and services include acupuncture, chiropractic medicine, naturopathy, therapeutic massage and more.
Learn more about integrative medicine.
- Palliative care is a type of health care that focuses on improving your physical, emotional and spiritual health while you receive cancer treatment giving special attention to relieving pain and other distressing symptoms.
Learn more about palliative care.
- Cancer rehabilitation combines evidence-based cancer rehabilitation practices with services to address side effects and symptoms. The result is our patients recover their energy, well-being and quality of life more completely and quickly.
Learn more about cancer rehabilitation.
In addition to providing expert cancer care, Providence Cancer Institute provides an extra dimension of care through our many support services and cancer resources.
- Support groups provide education and support for cancer patients and their loved ones. Support groups are led by our professional staff and are offered as a free service to any person with cancer in our community.
- Peer support is offered by trained volunteers who provide one-on-one peer support for patients with cancer and/or their caregivers. It is an opportunity to talk about your fears or concerns with someone who comes from a place of understanding your journey.
Learn more about support groups and peer support.
- The Living Well Guide is designed to provide our patients with one reference for all contact numbers, support services and self-care information.
- The Living Well Through Cancer Treatment and Beyond Video Series will give you information, support and hope. Each video features patients who share their stories and experiences with helpful advice from cancer care experts.
Learn more about Living Well Guide & video series.
Both the Living Well Guide and the video series are available in several languages.
- Financial resources
- Guest housing
- Lending libraries
- Rehabilitation services
- Transportation resources
- Wellness classes
- Screening and prevention
Providence Cancer Institute of Oregon
We're Transforming Cancer Care
The Providence Cancer Institute is the leading provider of cancer care in Oregon committed to making a positive difference in every life we touch. Our patients are at the center of everything we do.