Call 844-972-1297 to request an appointment with a gynecologic oncologist.
Providence Cancer Institute Franz Gynecologic Oncology Clinic
Providence Cancer Institute Franz Gynecologic Oncology Clinic
Welcome to Providence Gynecologic Oncology Program. We strive to deliver optimal care to patients and families touched by gynecologic cancer.
Your care team will be led by a fellowship-trained gynecologic oncologist – a specialist in treating these cancers. Our team is highly experienced in assessing and treating all gynecologic cancers, and offers breakthrough research and clinical trials through our world-class research institute. We conveniently offer all of your needed care under one roof.
Your Providence team combines the most up-to-the-moment treatments – from robotic surgery to immunotherapy and clinical trials – with integrative therapies to support your well-being through every step of your care and follow-up. Your treatments may include:
- Advanced open surgery, minimally invasive surgery and robotic surgery
- Biological therapy, including immunotherapy and targeted therapy
- Genomic sequencing, also known as personalized cancer medicine
- World-class radiation oncology
- Genetic risk assessment
- Oncology nutrition
- Innovative therapies and clinical trials through the Earle A. Chiles Research Institute
- Long-term follow-up care
Women diagnosed with cancers of the reproductive tract, including the ovaries, uterus, cervix, fallopian tubes, vagina and vulva; or with primary peritoneal or other rare gynecologic cancers, can face complicated conditions. Whether these cancers are pre-invasive (benign and in-situ) or invasive (malignant), our team provides compassionate, up-to-date, evidence-based treatments for:
- Uterine/endometrial cancer
- Ovarian/fallopian tube cancer
- Primary peritoneal cancer
- Cervical cancer
- Vulvar cancer
- Vaginal cancer
- Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia
- Uterine sarcomas
- Endometrial hyperplasia/neoplasia
- Post-menopausal bleeding
- Complex pelvic masses
- Dysplasia (abnormal cells that may be pre-cancerous)
- Cervical dysplasia
- Vaginal dysplasia
- Vulvar dysplasia
When you first hear the words “it’s cancer,” the road ahead may seem overwhelming. But from that moment on, Providence Cancer Institute surrounds you with people to help you through the journey. Treating your cancer is not only about treating the disease; it is also about supporting you as a whole person – body, mind and spirit. Here are some of our key support services to help you get through your treatment and emerge as healthy as possible.
- Oncology nurse navigators work directly with your oncologists, surgeons, and care team to help you better understand and follow your treatment plans. The compassionate guidance of nurse navigators has been shown to improve treatment outcomes for patients.
Learn more about nurse navigators.
- Oncology social workers are trained counselors who help patients and families cope with the emotional stresses and practical concerns associated with cancer. Providence cancer patients and their families can benefit from our social work services.
Learn more about what an oncology social worker can do for you.
- Oncology nutrition. Cancer and cancer treatments can affect the way your body tolerates certain foods and uses nutrients. Our registered dietitians specialize in cancer nutrition and are here to help.
Learn more about oncology nutrition.
- Integrative medicine offers an excellent complement to conventional medicine to help patients achieve optimal health. Programs and services include acupuncture, chiropractic medicine, naturopathy, therapeutic massage and more.
Learn more about integrative medicine.
- Palliative care is a type of health care that focuses on improving your physical, emotional and spiritual health while you receive cancer treatment giving special attention to relieving pain and other distressing symptoms.
Learn more about palliative care.
- Cancer rehabilitation combines evidence-based cancer rehabilitation practices with services to address side effects and symptoms. The result is our patients recover their energy, well-being and quality of life more completely and quickly.
Learn more about cancer rehabilitation.
In addition to providing expert cancer care, Providence Cancer Institute provides an extra dimension of care through our many support services and cancer resources.
- Support groups provide education and support for cancer patients and their loved ones. Support groups are led by our professional staff and are offered as a free service to any person with cancer in our community.
- Peer support is offered by trained volunteers who provide one-on-one peer support for patients with cancer and/or their caregivers. It is an opportunity to talk about your fears or concerns with someone who comes from a place of understanding your journey.
Learn more about support groups and peer support.
- The Living Well Guide is designed to provide our patients with one reference for all contact numbers, support services and self-care information.
- The Living Well Through Cancer Treatment and Beyond Video Series will give you information, support and hope. Each video features patients who share their stories and experiences with helpful advice from cancer care experts.
Learn more about Living Well Guide & video series.
Both the Living Well Guide and the video series are available in several languages.
- Financial resources
- Guest housing
- Lending libraries
- Rehabilitation services
- Transportation resources
- Wellness classes
- Screening and prevention
Providence Cancer Institute is home to the largest gynecologic cancer research program in Oregon and one of the largest in the Northwest. The Earle A. Chiles Research Institute is the research arm of Providence Cancer Institute. It is a Providence Center of Excellence for precision immune-oncology and cellular therapy. Our team of researchers work directly with your doctors and care team to find clinical trials that are best suited to treat your cancer. We look at the stage and the genetic make-up of your cancer to determine which trials could be most effective.
Clinical trials are research studies that test whether new medical treatments, devices or plans are safe and effective. Patients who volunteer for clinical trials play an active role in their own health care. They often gain access to the most cutting-edge therapies. They also help others by improving and advancing medical care.
Learn more about some of the clinical trials available to patients with gynecologic cancers.
Providence Cancer Institute of Oregon
We're Transforming Cancer Care
The Providence Cancer Institute is the leading provider of cancer care in Oregon committed to making a positive difference in every life we touch. Our patients are at the center of everything we do.